Clara had a pretty bad fall this afternoon. She was leaning up against the ironing board attached to her little kitchen, and it collapsed. She landed face-first on the vent. She has never cried that long for an injury before, and she has a huge black and blue welt on her forehead now, poor kid. She was sweet, though, and sat on my lap watching Kipper and holding Dolly and Bunny for a long time.
Clara finally figured out how to sign "girl" and "boy" in the last couple of days. She was pointing them out at Wal-Mart - lol. But, she kind of thinks that every kid is a girl. She had a nice conversation with the lady waiting in line behind us, and even got her to kiss Dolly and Bunny. Poor lady, those things are not pretty - lol. Whenever we are at the store and are ready to check out, she tries to put Dolly and Bunny on the belt so we can pay for them. She doesn't understand that we own those already.
I love how Clara is getting more imaginative in her play. She tried to give Dolly and Bunny her paci in the car today. It was all her own idea, I promise. She was sticking it right on their mouths.
I listened to Odyssey tonight while I cleaned up the house. Our church library has a few sets with episodes that I don't remember ever hearing before, so I have been checking them out one at a time. Shannon has been working on our budget tonight, and he isn't feeling too well, so it took me a little longer to clean up without his help. I am going to knit and watch a movie for a little while now. I need some down time. I haven't been feeling the best in my head today...really, the past few days, and I think I just need some quiet. It's been really busy the past couple of weeks. I'm not used to that! Also, Clara has been teething, so she's been extra-needy.
1 comment:
I'm so glad you're back to posting, Alice! I love the Clara stories. : )
Post a Comment